Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I can HEAR!

I finally got my hearing aid. Yep, I feel like one of the patients now. It will take awhile to get use to but I didn't realize how much I was missing. Just after I HEARD again for the 1st time in forever, I could hear all the papers and junk in my purse when I was looking for my wallet. I know that sounds stupid but I am hearing the simplest things now that I never did before. I feel like I'm part of the REAL world and not stuck in Nikki's world.(glad to be out of that world it was kinda scary) On the other hand, I can't pretend to be deaf when I'm actually ignoring you. OH, did I write that out loud? Sorry.lol

4 comments:

Tinabean said...

I'm so glad that you can hear now!
We (people who can hear fine) don't really know the little things that we take for granted until we hear things like this (post).
Thanks for making me stop & think about the little things.
Love Ya!

Bonnie the Boss said...

Yay for you. Do you notice it is almost too noisy in a group of people indoors?
I am now in Bonnie world. It does take some getting used to. I don't ever know if I should explain to people I can't hear, or just pretend I can and nod with a stupid look on my face, hoping I haven't agreed to give them $1000.

Miller's said...

I had no idea that you had a hearing problem, how long has that been going on? I bet it makes a huge difference. That is awesome, good for you.

Coach B. said...

I knew that you were faking it!!
Just kidding. Let me know when you're well enough to get up on that pole :)